- Antioxidant Formulas
- Cardiovascular Support
- Cerebral Function / Emotional Well-Being
- Digestive/Intestinal Support
- Essential Fatty Acids
- Glandular Formulas
- Glucose Metabolism
- Immune Support
- Joint Support - Enzymes
- Liver Support
- MAXXUM Daily Supplement Family
- Men's Health
- Minerals/Bone Support
- Respiratory Support
- Vitamin Formulas
- Women's Health
Maintaining digestive system comfort is a challenge during pregnancy, while traveling in cars and boats, or after receiving surgical anesthesia or other medical treatments. Ginger root is a pungent and traditionally popular remedy for preventing disturbances of this type and has been the subject of several successful clinical trials as well. Ginger possesses other useful properties related to blocking production of certain prostaglandins and other eicosanoids. Pyridoxine (vitamin B6) has long been used during pregnancy for maintaining digestive system comfort.
- Ginger root contains physiologically active compounds, such as the aromatic constituents zingiberene and bisabolene, and the pungent gingerols and shogaols.
- Numerous clinical studies confirm that ginger root is a useful remedy for maintaining gastrointestinal comfort during travel (Acta Otolaryngol 1988; 105:45-9; Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physuiol 2003;284:G481-9), pregnancy (Obstet Gynecol 2005;105:849-56), chemotherapy (Int J Gynecol Cancer 2004;14:1063-9; Support Care Cancer 2012;20:1479-89), and after surgical anesthesia (Am J Obstet Gynecol 2006;194:95-9).
- Pyridoxine (vitamin B6) has effectively helped maintain digestive system comfort during pregnancy (Am J Obstet Gynelol 1995;173:881-4).
- Ginger root also enhances digestion by promoting effective gastrointestinal motility (Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 1999;37:341-6).
- Ginger inhibits the synthesis of 2-series prostanoids without harming the gastrointestinal tract, unlike aspirin and conventional NSAIDS (Am J Chinese Med 1989;17:51-6). This may allow ginger to have significant platelet-dampening effects that protect vascular health (Prostagland Leukotrienes Essential Fatty Acids 1997;56:379-84) as well as soothing effects in joint tissue (Osteoarthritis Cartilage 2000;8:9-12).
Suggested use for adults: 1-2 capsules twice daily, or as directed.