- Antioxidant Formulas
- Cardiovascular Support
- Cerebral Function / Emotional Well-Being
- Digestive/Intestinal Support
- Essential Fatty Acids
- Glandular Formulas
- Glucose Metabolism
- Immune Support
- Joint Support - Enzymes
- Liver Support
- MAXXUM Daily Supplement Family
- Men's Health
- Minerals/Bone Support
- Respiratory Support
- Vitamin Formulas
- Women's Health
Proper digestion requires both a gastric phase supplying hydrochloric acid and pepsin, and an alkaline duodenal phase supplying protease, amylase, and lipase enzymes. DuoZyme provides all of these factors in a single, convenient, high potency capsule delivery system. DuoZyme utilizes the technologically superior enzyme-release system which was favorably evaluated by Dr. David Graham in An Enteric-Coated Pancreatic Enzyme Preparation That Works (Dig Dis Sci 1979;24:906-9).
- DuoZyme contains the acidulants betaine HCl and glutamic HCl, which help acidify gastric contents, creating a favorable environment for the proteolytic action of pepsin.
- Pancreatin and ox bile extract, contained in pH-sensitive microspheres, supplement the natural secretions of the pancreas and liver, and promote the intestinal phase of digestion.
- pH-sensitive microspheres typically provide a more effective means for delivering intact enzymes to the small intestine to reduce malabsorption of macronutrients (Dig Dis Sci 1979; 24:906-9).
Suggested use for adults: Two or more capsules, taken with meals, or as directed. Warning: patients with active peptic ulcer should use HCl products with caution.