- Antioxidant Formulas
- Cardiovascular Support
- Cerebral Function / Emotional Well-Being
- Digestive/Intestinal Support
- Essential Fatty Acids
- Glandular Formulas
- Glucose Metabolism
- Immune Support
- Joint Support - Enzymes
- Liver Support
- MAXXUM Daily Supplement Family
- Men's Health
- Minerals/Bone Support
- Respiratory Support
- Vitamin Formulas
- Women's Health
ProStat Plus provides a comprehensive, synergistic blend of the standardized extracts of saw palmetto, stinging nettles, and pygeum, along with beta-sitosterol, zinc, and amino acids for support of male genitourinary function. Saw Palmetto has been shown to block the enzyme 5-alpha reductase, a known prostatic proliferative agent, and exert other anti-hormonal effects on prostate-related activity. Pygeum and stinging nettles have also both been shown to effectively support healthy prostate function. Beta-sitosterol is a component of saw palmetto and pygeum, and studies show it independently supports healthy urinary flow, as do the amino acids alanine, glycine, and glutamic acid
when used together.
- Refer to About…Saw Palmetto.
- Pygeum is an extract of the bark of an African tree that has been successful in clinical tests over a 25-year period for supporting healthy prostate function (Curr Ther Res 1995;56:796-817).
- Stinging nettle, often in combination with saw palmetto and/or pygeum, has been successfully used in clinical trials to support optimal urinary flow and prostate function in men (BJU Int 2000;86:439-42; Urologe [B] 1996;36:292-300; Urologe 1994; 334:90-5).
- Zinc is important for prostate health, and supplementary zinc may help maintain normal growth regulation in prostate tissue (Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 1999;8:887-92; Fed Proc 1976;35:361).
- Beta-sitosterol has growth-regulating and anti-hormonal properties demonstrated in clinical human studies to support healthy urinary and prostate function (BJU Int 1999;83:976-83; Br J Urol 1997;80: 427-32; Lancet 1995;345:1529-32).
- Early controlled clinical studies have suggested that the amino acid combination of glycine, alanine, and glutamic acid can support healthy genitourinary function in men (J Am Geriatr Soc 1962;10:426-30; J Maine Med Assoc 1958;46:99-102).
Suggested use for adults: Two capsules twice daily, or as directed.