- Antioxidant Formulas
- Cardiovascular Support
- Cerebral Function / Emotional Well-Being
- Digestive/Intestinal Support
- Essential Fatty Acids
- Glandular Formulas
- Glucose Metabolism
- Immune Support
- Joint Support - Enzymes
- Liver Support
- MAXXUM Daily Supplement Family
- Men's Health
- Minerals/Bone Support
- Respiratory Support
- Vitamin Formulas
- Women's Health
Sleep Formula synergistically combines several herbs that help support healthy sleep and a calm mood, both of which are essential for many aspects of daily functioning and comfort. Valerian, passion flower, lemon balm, and hops have a long history of use to support healthy sleep. Double-blind clinical trials have shown some of these herbs, alone or in combination, to be as effective as more chemical-based agents, but without causing daytime sleepiness. These herbs have actually been shown to increase alertness, at least in part by improving sleep quality. They can also help support a calm mood and are documented to be nontoxic and free from side effects, even for children.
- Valerian, passionflower, lemon balm and hops have traditionally been used to enhance sleep quality (Arch Gen Psychiatry 1998;55:1033-44).
- Valerian possesses several mechanisms for calming neuronal activity, including the potentiation of the effects of the relaxing neurotransmitter GABA (J Pharm Pharmacol 1999;51:505-12).
- Combining of valerian with either lemon balm (Psychopharmakotherapie 1996;3:123-30; Therapiewoche 1992;42:726-36) or hops (Eur J Med Res 2000;5:385-90; Wien Med Wochenschr 1998;148:291-298) has been effective for promoting sleep without side effects of daytime withdrawal or sedation.
- Sleep Formula is safe for use in all age groups, is not addictive, does not impair the ability to drive or operate machinery (Pharmacopsychiatry 1999;32:235-41; Zeits Allegmeinmed 1995;71:1215-21), and does not interact with alcohol or other drugs.
Suggested use for adults: 1-2 capsules one hour before bedtime, or as directed for sleep, or one capsule three times daily, or as directed for a calming effect.