- Antioxidant Formulas
- Cardiovascular Support
- Cerebral Function / Emotional Well-Being
- Digestive/Intestinal Support
- Essential Fatty Acids
- Glandular Formulas
- Glucose Metabolism
- Immune Support
- Joint Support - Enzymes
- Liver Support
- MAXXUM Daily Supplement Family
- Men's Health
- Minerals/Bone Support
- Respiratory Support
- Vitamin Formulas
- Women's Health
MAXXUM 4 is a comprehensive iron-free multi with an advanced antioxidant and flavonoid complex for free radical scavenging. Broad antioxidant support includes lutein and zeaxanthin for macular health, lycopene for cellular wellness, and alpha-carotene and cryptoxanthin for lung health. Citrus bioflavonoids complement the absorption of vitamin C.
- MAXXUM 4 is designed to combine the benefits of a quality vitamin-mineral supplement with additional antioxidants such as alpha-carotene, lutein, lycopene, and citrus bioflavonoids.
- All carotenoids have antioxidant activity, but some are deposited preferentially into specific body tissues, as in the affinity of lutein for the retina (Ann NY Acad Sci 1998;854:443-7; Int J Vitam Nutr Res 1998;68:349-53).
- Lycopene, one of the most abundant carotenoids in the body, has been associated in human studies with optimum immune function (Proc Nutr Soc 1998;57:3A) and prostate health (Nutr Cancer 1999;33:159-64).
- Alpha-carotene and cryptoxanthin appear to confer preferential protection to lung tissue (J Natl Cancer Inst 1996;88:612-5; Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2001; 10:767-73).
- Antioxidant combinations provide protection to the skin from ultraviolet radiation (Photodermatol Photo-immunol Photomed 2003;19: 182-9; J Am Acad Dermatol 1998; 38:45-8).
- Citrus bioflavonoids enhance the absorption of vitamin C, and together they have synergistic activity in promoting healthy gingival tissues (Am J Clin Nutr 1988;48:601-4; J Periodontol 1964;35:250-9).
Suggested use for adults: Six capsules daily, taken with meals, or as directed.