- Antioxidant Formulas
- Cardiovascular Support
- Cerebral Function / Emotional Well-Being
- Digestive/Intestinal Support
- Essential Fatty Acids
- Glandular Formulas
- Glucose Metabolism
- Immune Support
- Joint Support - Enzymes
- Liver Support
- MAXXUM Daily Supplement Family
- Men's Health
- Minerals/Bone Support
- Respiratory Support
- Vitamin Formulas
- Women's Health
HydroxyCal supplies an efficient complex of nutrients and cofactors that support bone strength and maintenance. Calcium is supplied as citrate as well as in a freeze-dried, whole-bone bovine extract. This extract is also a rich source of bone matrix proteoglycans and trace minerals, and has been shown to be exceptional for supporting bone maintenance and repair. A generous amount of vitamin K is included, far more than in most other bone support products, and vitamin D is supplied in the preferred D3 form for maximum bioavailability. These nutrients, along with vitamin C and manganese, work together to support optimal bone density and help skeletal structures maintain their integrity during minor traumas.
- Refer to About…Calcium, also the About…Vitamin D, Magnesium and Other Bone-related Factors.
- Whole bone bovine extract is a rich source of calcium, trace minerals and structural support molecules, which are effectively preserved by freeze-drying.
- HydroxyCal contains microcrystalline hydroxyapatite complex from whole bone, which has been shown to support bone remineralization (Am J Clin Nutr 1982;36:426-30) and optimum skeletal repair processes (Manitoba Med Rev 1965;45:92-6).
Suggested use for adults: Two capsules, three times daily with meals, or as directed.