- Antioxidant Formulas
- Cardiovascular Support
- Cerebral Function / Emotional Well-Being
- Digestive/Intestinal Support
- Essential Fatty Acids
- Glandular Formulas
- Glucose Metabolism
- Immune Support
- Joint Support - Enzymes
- Liver Support
- MAXXUM Daily Supplement Family
- Men's Health
- Minerals/Bone Support
- Respiratory Support
- Vitamin Formulas
- Women's Health
B-vitamins are integral to cellular energy production. They support carbohydrate and fat metabolism, facilitate the removal of homocysteine, promote
healthy function of the brain, peripheral nerves and kidneys, and foster normal premenstrual physiology.
B-Plex is a comprehensive high-potency B-vitamin formulation in a yeast-free hypoallergenic form, containing active coenzyme B6 (pyridoxal-5-phosphate).
- Adequate vitamin B6, B12, and folic acid are essential for detoxifying homocysteine, a by-product of protein metabolism that may disturbnormal vascular function (J Nutr 1994;124:1927-33; Am J Cardiol 1995;75:132-6).
- Elderly persons are frequently low in certain B-vitamins essential for maintaining normal brain function (Psychoparmacology (Berl) 1992;109(4):489-96; N Engl J Med 1998; 318:170-8).
- Clinical trials have found vitamin B6 supplements helpful for diverse conditions, such as reducing urinary oxalates that may disturb normal kidney function (Int Urol Nephrol 1988;20:353-9), stabilizing premenstrual physiology (BMJ 1999;318:1375-81), and restoring normal peripheral nerve function (Arch Phys Med Rehabil 1984;65:712-6; J Occup Environ Med 1997;39:949-59).
- Certain medications, such as oral contraceptives, are associated with depletion of several B-vitamins (Food & Drug Interaction 1998;197-8; Lancet 1975;1:561-4).
Suggested use for adults: 1-2 capsules taken daily with meals, or as directed.